List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 16 2001 2:23am
Subject:RE: Help us make MySQL even better!
View as plain text
At 2:30 PM +0100 6/15/01, sean.odonnell@stripped wrote:
>Either code MySql for consistent behaviour,
>or Document Differences in the behaviour on the most
>common platforms in the API Documentation so programmers dont
>get caught off guard. Either solution should make most people happy.

As a response to this discussion the last time we all had a go-round
about it, the documentation for ROUND() does in fact now state that it's
based on the underlying C library, and therefore may vary:

Note that the behavior of ROUND() when the argument is half way between
two integers depends on the C library implementation. Some round to the
nearest even number, always up, always down, or always towards zero. If
you need one kind of rounding, you should use a well-defined function
like TRUNCATE() or FLOOR() instead.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Help us make MySQL even better!Matt Wagner13 Jun
  • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Peter Holm15 Jun
    • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Pete French15 Jun
      • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Cynic15 Jun
        • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Pete French15 Jun
          • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Tim Endres15 Jun
            • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Pete French15 Jun
              • Re: Help us make MySQL even better! (SQL-92 specification)Tim Endres15 Jun
                • Re: Help us make MySQL even better! (SQL-92 specification)Tim Endres15 Jun
                  • Exporting Access files to MySQLFrank J. Schmuck16 Jun
                    • RE: Exporting Access files to MySQLIsmael Touama16 Jun
                      • RE: Exporting Access files to MySQLFrank J. Schmuck16 Jun
                        • RE: Exporting Access files to MySQLIsmael Touama16 Jun
                        • Re: Exporting Access files to MySQLAnsgar Becker18 Jun
                  • Re: Help us make MySQL even better! (SQL-92 specification)Paul DuBois16 Jun
                    • Re: Help us make MySQL even better! (SQL-92 specification)Tim Endres16 Jun
      • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Peter Holm15 Jun
      • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Tim Endres15 Jun
        • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Pete French15 Jun
          • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Tim Endres15 Jun
    • Re: Help us make MySQL even better!Alan Sinclair15 Jun
RE: Help us make MySQL even better!sean.odonnell15 Jun
  • RE: Help us make MySQL even better!Paul DuBois16 Jun
RE: Help us make MySQL even better!sean.odonnell18 Jun