List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 9 2001 6:39pm
Subject:Re: connecting to localhost
View as plain text
At 1:52 PM -0400 6/9/01, John Toth wrote:
>To whom it may concern,
>
>I book a tutorial book with CD. I installed the mySql program
>(C:\mysql) and it didn't get any errors. However, when I went to run
>mysql in DOS,  the command mysqld --standalone only gets a "bad
>command or file" reply. I went to your Manual and it said to use:
>C:\>C:\mysql\bin\mysqld .That didn't work either.

What was the error message?

You need to find where the mysqld program is installed (and that's usually
C:\mysql\bin\mysqld), then use the full pathname to it.  It looks like
that what what you tried above, so if that didn't work, perhaps mysqld
is installed somewhere else.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread