List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 5 2001 6:29pm
Subject:RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL database
View as plain text
At 12:49 PM -0400 6/5/01, Danny Katcher wrote:
>but how do you code it
>
>I have tried a perl statement that loads a binary (gif file ) into a
>$variable and then tries to insert this into the database but it
>chokes on the binary characters.

Use placeholders or quote().  Don't insert the value directly into your
query.  (I assume you're using DBI.)

>You can use the type of blob (binary large object).  There are a few
>different sizes.  The biggest is a 2GB blob.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseShaun Gilley1 Jun
RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseMark A. Moline1 Jun
RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseDanny Katcher5 Jun
  • RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databasePaul DuBois5 Jun
RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseShaun Gilley5 Jun
  • RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databasePete French6 Jun
RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseGlenn F. Henriksen6 Jun
RE: Storing Pictures or other file types in a MYSQL databaseMark A. Moline6 Jun