List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:April 3 1999 10:04pm
Subject:Re: Cannot start as NT service
View as plain text
Thanks for you help.  This following is what I put in the my.cnf in C:\
Note that I tried uncommenting the line socket=MySQL and it did not change
things.

# Example mysql config file.
# Copy this file to c:\my.cnf to set global options
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password=my_password
port=3306
#socket=MySQL

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port=3306
#socket=MySQL
skip-locking
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = thread_stack=128K
set-variable = flush_time=1800

# Uncomment the following row if you move the MySQL distribution to another
# location
#basedir = d:/mysql/

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash

[isamchk]
set-variable= key=16M

>Christoper,
>
>I am sorry this didn't work for you.  I had the exact same problem when
>I upgraded and I corrected it by adding a my.cnf.  Perhaps a variable in
>the my.cnf is incorrect for some reason.  Send me a copy of yours and I
>will take a look at it.
>
>Aaron Johnson

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceAaron Johnson3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel4 Apr
    • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel5 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones4 Apr
  • myAdminDennis Thrys√łe5 Apr
    • myAdminMichael Widenius5 Apr
    • Re: myAdminPaul D Silevitch5 Apr