List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 27 2001 12:27am
Subject:Re: W2KPro and aborted connections
View as plain text
At 8:30 AM -0500 5/26/01, Gerald R. Jensen wrote:
>I definitely would **NOT** go to Windows 9x. The Windows 9x (and probably
>ME, too) O/S's have a well-documented memory leak (is it 200 bytes per
>transaction?) that will eventually crash the database.

If the "well-documented memory leak" you're referring to is the one mentioned
in the MySQL manual at http://www.mysql.com/doc/W/i/Windows_vs_Unix.html,
it's specifically tied to Windows 95, and not to Windows 98 or Windows NT.
Since ME is more recent than 98, presumably it doesn't have the leak.

No objection to your other points. :-)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread