List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 22 2001 2:52am
Subject:Re: Symbolic Links under Windows
View as plain text
At 6:58 AM -0400 5/21/01, Tom Bates wrote:
>I am trying to move my database (the directory) to another location,
>but the symbolic link option described in the documentation isn't
>working for me. I'm using the binary distribution of version
>3.23.37, running on Windows NT 4.0 SP4.
>
>I created a text file in the c:\mysql\data directory, called
>mydb.sym, with the string c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\database\mydb in
>it, and moved the directory to that location. No good. I even
>stopped and restarted the mysql service, but it still didn't work.

Didn't work, meaning what?  You get an error when you try to create a
new table in the mydb database?  It creates tables in the old location?
If the latter, then perhaps you copied the database rather than moving
it.  The manual says that for the symlink option to work, mydb.sym
will only be used if there is no directory named mydb in the data directory.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread