List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 29 1999 11:22am
Subject:Re: Sv: Future versions of the client library
View as plain text

>> As I said, we are thinking about allowing multi-line commands.  The
>> only problem is how to modify the client protocol for this (without
>> breaking old clients too much).

Tim> In my opinion, if it breaks existing clients at all, it should not be done.

Hi!

I agree;  On the other hand, the MySQL protocol is quite general so it
shouldn't be impossible to fix this.  The main problem is to do this
with as little impact as possible.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Future versions of the client libraryDennis Thrysøe26 Sep
  • Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius26 Sep
  • Sv: Future versions of the client libraryDennis Thrysøe27 Sep
    • Sv: Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Sv: Future versions of the client libraryTim Endres27 Sep
        • Re: Sv: Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius29 Sep