List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 1999 9:51am
Subject:Sv: Future versions of the client library
View as plain text
>>>>> "qabi" == qabi  <iso-8859-1> writes:

>> What is wrong with 'mysqldump --opt' ?
qabi> Nothing. The only problem is that I would have to install it and then call it
> externally from my client application.

qabi> The issue is just as much reuse. If parsing of multiple statements (seperation
> and execution) was offered from the api there would be several advantages as I see it.
> Parsing wouldn't have to be re-written and parsing could be integrated with the parsing
> that already happens (ie. moved to the server).

qabi> The same goes for constructing a valid dump. That functionality would also be
> quite tedious and error-prone to re-implement.

qabi> But it was just a suggestion.

Hi!

Another option to do a dump is using multi-row inserts;  This is
much more efficient than doing a lot if single inserts.

As I said, we are thinking about allowing multi-line commands.  The
only problem is how to modify the client protocol for this (without
breaking old clients too much).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Future versions of the client libraryDennis Thrysøe26 Sep
  • Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius26 Sep
  • Sv: Future versions of the client libraryDennis Thrysøe27 Sep
    • Sv: Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius27 Sep
      • Re: Sv: Future versions of the client libraryTim Endres27 Sep
        • Re: Sv: Future versions of the client libraryMichael Widenius29 Sep