List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:April 3 1999 8:39pm
Subject:Re: Cannot start as NT service
View as plain text
I uninstalled mysql, edited the registry, deleted all files, then
reinstalled.  I copied the my-example.cnf to c:\ and used
c:\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --install, rebooted.  All to no avail.  I still
cannot start mysqld-nt as a service.

So then I tried on my laptop which is also NT.  It has never had mysql
installed.  Again, no luck.

Should I go back to the shareware version until a new version comes out?

>MySQL for Win32 now needs the my.cnf in c:\ to run correctly.
>
>Just copy my-example.cnf from the c:\mysql directory to root and rename
>my.cnf and edit as needed.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Aaron Johnson

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceAaron Johnson3 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel4 Apr
    • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: Cannot start as NT serviceSimson L. Garfinkel5 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones3 Apr
Re: Cannot start as NT serviceChristopher R. Jones4 Apr
  • myAdminDennis Thrys√łe5 Apr
    • myAdminMichael Widenius5 Apr
    • Re: myAdminPaul D Silevitch5 Apr