List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scollick Family Date:April 2 1999 4:32pm
Subject:Duplicate entry for non-existant value
View as plain text
I'm getting a problem that causing all sorts of havoc. I'm
trying to insert a new row into a table using

insert into tab1 (tabid, val) values ('s1083','test')

and keep getting an error 'Duplicate entry 's1083' for key 1'
(tabid is the primary key for the table).  The problem is that
s1083 doesn't exist.  If I try to select and/or delete, I get an
empty set response, but I still can't insert it into the table.
The same holds true if I increment s1083 up to somewhere
around s1100.  Also, any inserts into related tables don't return
properly in I insert the s1083 key in it.  That is:

insert into tabrelated (id1, id2) values ('n0074','s1083')
select * from tabrelated where id2='s1083'
  returns an empty set while
select * from tabrelated where id1='n0074'
  does indeed show s1083

 As another bit of wierd behavior, as far as I can tell there are 1075 rows
in the table, but a select count(tabid) returns that there are 1086 rows.
And, tab1 is my main table on which everything else is derived, so until
this is solved, I'm dead in the water.

  Finally, I'm using the shareware version on Win95 (a potential web host
uses mySQL, and I'm trying to see if it will work for my purposes).

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  --Keith Scollick
  scollick@stripped

P.S. - if this is an old question, my apologies as I haven't been able to get
through the old messages
Keith Scollick
scollick@stripped
Thread
Duplicate entry for non-existant valueScollick Family2 Apr
  • Re: Duplicate entry for non-existant valuedan2 Apr