List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 1999 8:42pm
Subject:Relocate datafile
View as plain text
>>>>> "Pierre" == Pierre Boizot <pboizot@stripped> writes:

Pierre> Hi,
Pierre> I am discovering Mysql . so the first interrogation arrive.

Pierre> How i can indicate an another location for the datafile of a database or
Pierre> a table ?

Pierre> Yhank
Pierre> Pierre

Hi!

On windows < 2000 you are stuck with all databases on one disk. (On
Win2000 you will be able to use symbolic links to fix this)

Another option is to have multiple MySQL servers running, each
handling a database on a different disk.

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/
Thread
Relocate datafilePierre Boizot16 Sep
  • Re: Relocate datafileBob Kline16 Sep
    • Re: Relocate datafilePierre Boizot16 Sep
    • Re: Relocate datafilepwr16 Sep
  • Relocate datafileMichael Widenius18 Sep