List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Leonard Date:March 31 1999 7:33pm
Subject:win32 dbd question
View as plain text
I'm running mysql on a linux server and have just recently started messing
with ActivePerl on my Win95 box.  I started to install the mysql dbd and
realized I'd have to actually have a mysql server running on the machine
in order to get through the traditional perl Makefile.PL, nmake...process.

What I want to do is make a client, using Perl/tk that can connect to my
linux server.  Do I need dbd on my Win95 box or is there a generic driver
I can use?  If I need the mysql dbd, is there a way to install it in
ActivePerl without having to have a local server?

Thanks,

Pat Leonard

Thread
win32 dbd questionPatrick Leonard31 Mar