List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 6:07pm
Subject:Re: php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!
View as plain text
John Millaway wrote:

> I'm using PHP to transfer data from my NT mysql db to a linux mysql db.
> (Is there a better way?)
> Sometimes when I select a char field, the first or last character gets
> altered! I'm going nuts over this and I'm pretty sure the error is not
> in the PHP drivers because I've seen it happen in the 'mysql' program.
> The php code and the output is below. Notice the value for the last_name
> field. This happens with every row. Anyone know what's going on?
>
> // PHP CODE SNIPPET
> $query = "select id, RTRIM(first_name), RTRIM(last_name), status_id,
> time, RTRIM(returntime), RTRIM(comment), persistent from person order by
> id";
> $res = mysql_query($query);
> while(($row = mysql_fetch_row($res))){
>         echo( "insert into person
> (first_name,last_name,status_id,time,returntime,comment,persistent)
> \n");
>         echo( "values (\n");
>         echo( "'$row[1]',\n");
>         echo( "'$row[2]',\n");
>         echo( "$row[3],\n");
>         echo( "'$row[4]',\n");
>         echo( "'$row[5]',\n");
>         echo( "'$row[6]',\n");
>         echo( "$row[7]);\n\n");
>         break;
> }
>
> AND HERE IS THE OUTPUT:
> bash-2.02$ /php3/php.exe gensql.php3
>
> insert into person
> (first_name,last_name,status_id,time,returntime,comment,persistent)
> values (
> 'Haresh',
> ',ssumal
> 1,
> '1999-08-18 09:30:00',
> '-',
> '',
> 0);
>
> -John

Hi John

Looks to me, as if there where 0x00 characters in your $row[2] after ',ssumal

Just convert them to \0 before using them!

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!John Millaway3 Sep
  • Re: php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!Phil Harris3 Sep
  • Re: php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!Simson L. Garfinkel3 Sep
  • Re: php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!Christian Mack9 Sep
RE: php/mysql returning bogus characters from certain columns!John Millaway3 Sep