List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 9 1999 2:58pm
Subject:Re: may you help me
View as plain text
Romina Columbich wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have been subscribed to this list a couple of days ago and I will tank any help
> about some start up problems:
> First one : error 10061, the server can't start.
> second one : the dial up conection start although i set a host file in Windows
> folders like readme file say.
> I hope your help.Bye.
>     Dario Columbich

Hello Dario

First:
This error doesn't say anything! It is one of this useless messages from Windoze.

Look under C:\mysql\data\ there should be an "mysql.err" file.
This should contain some error messages.

You should also start mysqld (not mysqld-opt and not mysqld-nt) from the DOS commandline
like this:
C:\mysql\bin> mysqld --standalone

Then some errors are printed to this DOS window too.

BTW:
You should always give us your OS and mysql version.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.
PPS: Your Reply-To address is invalid!

Thread
may you help meRomina Columbich26 Aug
  • Re: may you help meChristian Mack9 Sep
  • Re: Re: "Unresolved external call"Clay Daniels28 Mar
  • Re: Re: "Unresolved external call"Clay Daniels28 Mar
  • Re: Re: "Unresolved external call"Yeoh HS28 Mar