List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 8 1999 3:57pm
Subject:Re: Problems in entering commands
View as plain text
Mike Needham wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am running the windows version of MySQL on a NT server box at Service Pack
> 5.  I am trying to enter some grant commands and I get an error 1064 parse
> error on a command IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; I am unsure why this is?  Can
> anyone help?
>
> J. Mike Needham

Hi Mike

You obviously use the trial/shareware version of mysql.
This is a 3.21.29 version.
The GRANT commands didn't show up before 3.22.11.
So you are out of luck.
Use the direkt manipulation of the mysql.* tables to change the priviledges.

BTW:
The current licenced version for Win32 is 3.22.24.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
Problems in entering commandsMike Needham17 Aug
  • Re: Problems in entering commandsChristian Mack8 Sep