List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 8 1999 12:19pm
Subject:update log issue
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Ruby <stever@stripped> writes:

Steve> Minor enhancement request

Steve> The -o option in mysql is case sensitive, yet
Steve> for some reason some operations may put stuff in the
Steve> update log without respect to case. For example

Steve> I have db AMR

Steve> update log contains entries like
Steve> use AMR;
Steve> and
Steve> use amr;

Steve> mysql -fo amr < update.log

Steve> only processes lines that had the lower case
Steve> entry, since there is no way to -o multiple
Steve> databases at once the only way to get a clean update
Steve> is to change all entries to match in the update log
Steve> and then run it (this can take a whle if I need to run
Steve> a 500meg update log).

Steve> Since the win32 version doesn't allow you to have
Steve> two different databases AMR and amr can I suggest that
Steve> the -o for mysql does all forms of

Steve> AMR
Steve> amr
Steve> Amr

This will be fixed in the MySQL-Win32 3.23 version.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
update log issueSteve Ruby7 Sep