List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 7:29pm
Subject:Adding password problem HELP
View as plain text

H> Hi,
H> I'm a newbie to Mysql for Windows. I installed and started MySql as Readme
H> file did the following:

shell> mysql mysql
mysql> delete from user where host='localhost' and user='';
mysql> quit
shell> mysqladmin reload
shell> mysqladmin -u root password your_password

H> However I received an error message after the last line:

H> C:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin -u root password mysql
H> C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLA~1.EXE: unable to change password; error: 'parse error
H> near '
H> SQL_OPTION password='68d4f47c49a579c9'' at line 1'

Hi!

Sorry, but you can't change the password with 'mysqladmin' with the
shareware version.  To change the password, you have to execute SQL
commands against the mysql.user table.  This is described in the MySQL
user manual!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Adding password problem HELPH K4 Sep
  • Adding password problem HELPMichael Widenius8 Sep
Re: adding password problem HELPsinisa5 Sep