List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 7 1999 12:58pm
Subject:Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysql
View as plain text

>> The shipped mysqlclient.lib must be linked wit the thread safe Win32
>> libraries.
>>
>> Note that the newest Activestate perl distribution now by default
>> contains DBD-MySQL!  Any reason for not using this?
>>
>> You can also find a copy of the MySQL library in source in the MyODBC
>> source distribution at http://www.mysql.com/download_win32.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Monty

Joshua> So oddly, if I comment out the mysqlclient.lib from the DBD::mysql
Joshua> compilation, everything compiles fine.  Appararently all the symbols
Joshua> that are needed are in libmysql.lib.  But, when I go run the nmake
Joshua> test, terrible errors with the program crashing.

libmysql.lib is a 'stub' for libmysql.dll

mysqlclient.lib is a static version of the above.

Did you copy libmysql.dll to the \windows directory ?

Joshua> For now, on Win32, I will interface to mysql via DBD::ODBC, this
Joshua> way I can use my perl5.004_04 with mysql & mod_perl too!!  I hoping
Joshua> this will work just as well (seems to work so far), and if it does,
Joshua> no rush on dealing with this issue.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlJoshua Chamas3 Sep
  • Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlJoshua Chamas3 Sep
    • Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlMichael Widenius3 Sep
  • Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlJoshua Chamas3 Sep
    • Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlMichael Widenius7 Sep
  • Re: Undefined Symbols for Win32 Building of DBD::mysqlJoshua Chamas7 Sep