List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 3 1999 9:59am
Subject:Problems - Access 97 / MySQL
View as plain text
>>>>> "Geocrawler" == Geocrawler com <archiver@stripped>
> writes:

Geocrawler> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Richard"
> <rklein@stripped>
Geocrawler> Be sure to reply to that address.

Geocrawler> I am using Access 97 as a front-end to a local development database on
> Win98.  I have linked all the tables in the MySQL database to Access and I am trying to
> create the relationship diagram before creating the forms.

Geocrawler> The problem is that Access 97 does not allow me to apply referential
> integrity for the foreign keys in the tables.  Is there a way around this limitation?
> Perhaps setting up foreign keys in the MySQL tables before linking?  I want the forms in
> Access to be able to update all instances of the foreign key when changes are made.

Geocrawler> Any suggestions would be great .......

Hi!

Sorry, but you can't do the above with MySQL for the moment.
You have to update the foreign key definitons in your applications.

Please check out:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

and search after 'foreign keys'.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problems - Access 97 / MySQLGeocrawler.com3 Sep
  • Problems - Access 97 / MySQLMichael Widenius3 Sep