List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 9 2001 12:39am
Subject:Re: SQL...
View as plain text
>Is the problem with your SQL? In other words, I do not think INSERT
>is designed
>to handle multiple rows. Have you tried something more along the lines of:

INSERT INTO ... SELECT can handle any number of rows.

>INSERT INTO database1.table1 VALUES (SELECT * FROM database2.table2 WHERE ...)
>
>in which your WHERE clause limits the select result to one row?

I don't think MySQL supports that syntax.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieSteve Mills7 Jan
  • Re: Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieJohn Dean7 Jan
    • SQL...jed7 Jan
RE: SQL...Rasmus Nyström7 Jan
  • Re: SQL...Jr. Frank M. Betz8 Jan
    • Re: SQL...Paul DuBois8 Jan