List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 9 2001 12:38am
Subject:Re: SQL...
View as plain text
At 6:48 PM +0100 1/8/01, jed wrote:
>Hi,
>it means, you could for example select data from one table without
>use at first of  "use database..." ...
>
>ex.
>select * from database.table;
>
>I still don't know, how should I use it.
>Something like:
>insert into database1.table1 select * from database2.table2...
>doesn't work, or maybe you mean something another....

That should work perfectly well if both table1 and table2 have the same
structure.  If there are column mismatches, you'll have problems, of
course.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieSteve Mills7 Jan
  • Re: Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieJohn Dean7 Jan
    • SQL...jed7 Jan
RE: SQL...Rasmus Nyström7 Jan
  • Re: SQL...Jr. Frank M. Betz8 Jan
    • Re: SQL...Paul DuBois8 Jan