List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 8 2001 3:46pm
Subject:Re: SQL...
View as plain text
At 12:11 AM -0500 1/8/01, Frank M. Betz, Jr. wrote:
>if that works that's unbelievable.  I always thought you could only move
>data from table to table from the same database not from two different ones.
>How do you establish a connection to two at the same time through straight
>SQL?

You can access multiple databases on the same server if you qualify table
names as necessary with leading database names (e.g., db_name.tbl_name).  You
can't access databases on different servers within the same statement.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieSteve Mills7 Jan
  • Re: Danger! Will Robinson - NewbieJohn Dean7 Jan
    • SQL...jed7 Jan
RE: SQL...Rasmus Nyström7 Jan
  • Re: SQL...Jr. Frank M. Betz8 Jan
    • Re: SQL...Paul DuBois8 Jan