List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 28 1999 8:02pm
Subject:Win32 libmysql.dll password issue
View as plain text
> writes:

Dennis> Hi,
Dennis> A few questions related to password storage.

Dennis> Is there (or could there be made) any way to give an
Dennis> encrypted password to the mysql_connect function?

Why?  The password will not be sent in clear text to the MySQL server.

(If you don't want to store a clear text password in your client, you
must modify the libmysql.c function and recompile)

Dennis> Just as mysql stores the passwords encrypted in
Dennis> the 'mysql' database, I'd like to store and give
Dennis> this very password to the connect function.

Dennis> Also, is there any way to get the client executable to
Dennis> calculate this hashed password from what the user
Dennis> enters? I would like to do this when _not_ connected.

All MySQL clients already does that.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Win32 libmysql.dll password issueDennis Thrys√łe28 Mar
  • Win32 libmysql.dll password issueMichael Widenius29 Mar