List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 2 1999 12:23am
Subject:Re: licensed version
View as plain text

Ray> On Wednesday, September 01, 1999 5:15 PM, Peter WR wrote:
>> I agree with Simson - if You can not even spend USD 200 for the database,
>> what kind of support and product do You expect.

Ray> I don't expect SUPPORT now..  I expect a working lib with which I can
Ray> evaluate the API.  I already know of what the engine itself is capable.

>> I have had my MySQL NT version running 24x7 since May, without any
Ray> problems
>> at all.
>>
>> I have followed the email-postings since beginning 1999. A majority are
>> about problems with non-NT setup of MySQL (Solaris, PHP, Access interface,
>> etc.) - so, it
>> might not nescessary be MySQL having the problems.

Ray> It most definitely is.  I am using direct mySQL C-language API calls using
Ray> the win32 link library, not through ODBC or PHP..  If it is a bad link
Ray> library, that's fine.  Give me a working "shareware" one and we'll move on
Ray> to the licensing part.  I ask for no support beyond that, until I buy the
Ray> usage license.  For all I care you can cripple the shareware lib.  But a
Ray> simple real connect and query shouldn't cause problems.  Man, I hate
Ray> repeating myself. ;)

As I have posted before:

I know of no problems with the libs in the shareware version or in the
MySQL-Win32 client distribution.  I have got a the nice test case that
RAy made about his problem;  The only problem is that I haven't had to look
at this yet (my first priority is to get 3.22.26 and 3.23.3 out).

Regards,
Monty
Thread
licensed versionGlenn Eve1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionMatthias Fichtner1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionAaron Johnson1 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel1 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway1 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionStefan Vesterlund1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionAaron Johnson1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey1 Sep
      • Re: licensed versionPaul DuBois2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionMike Albanese2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel2 Sep
Re: licensed versionPeter WR2 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway2 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep