List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 1 1999 11:00pm
Subject:RE: licensed version
View as plain text

>> Hi,
>>
>> We have downloaded the demo version of mySql for NT but have
>> not yet licensed it.  Can anyone using the licensed version tell
>> us if the installation documentation and administration tools
>> are any better than in the demo version?

John> Well, I don't have the licensed version, but most of my questions about
John> bugs, error messages, or configuration difficulties are answered with
John> "it works in the licensed version".

John> This is a bizarre demo in that respect. Instead of getting a working
John> version with disabled features, you get a buggy version with all the
John> featurs. Kinda makes it difficult to evaluate!

Hi!

We are sorry about the bugs in the demo version;  The main problem is
that we don't have had time to make a new release (all our time is for
the moment concentrating on getting 3.23 stable).

The only known problems (except for missing features) with the demo are:

- ALTER TABLE doesn't always work;  One can fix this by doing
  'mysqladmin flush-tables' before doing the ALTER TABLE.
- LOCK TABLES in combination with FLUSH TABLES or DELETE FROM TABLE
  doesn't work.
- One can only install it on C:\mysql   (one can run it from other
  places but this requires some fiddling with startup arguments).

Note also that we have release very recent version of the MySQL
clients and the Win32 libraries.  You can find these at
http://www.mysql.com/downloads.

What kind of bugs where you referring to?

Regards,
Monty

PS: As only 1 of 1000 MySQL-Win32 users register the MySQL win32
    version, we haven't been able to put that much time into the
    shareware release.  I don't think the ratio will grow that much
    even if we would fix the above bugs (that are not really that critical
    for an evaluation).
Thread
licensed versionGlenn Eve1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionMatthias Fichtner1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionAaron Johnson1 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway1 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel1 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway1 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionStefan Vesterlund1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionAaron Johnson1 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey1 Sep
      • Re: licensed versionPaul DuBois2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionMike Albanese2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionSimson L. Garfinkel2 Sep
Re: licensed versionPeter WR2 Sep
  • Re: licensed versionRay Akey2 Sep
    • Re: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep
RE: licensed versionJohn Millaway2 Sep
  • RE: licensed versionMichael Widenius2 Sep