List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Thrysøe Date:March 28 1999 10:02am
Subject:Win32 libmysql.dll password issue
View as plain text
Hi,

A few questions related to password storage.

Is there (or could there be made) any way to give an
encrypted password to the mysql_connect function?

Just as mysql stores the passwords encrypted in
the 'mysql' database, I'd like to store and give
this very password to the connect function.

Also, is there any way to get the client executable to
calculate this hashed password from what the user
enters? I would like to do this when _not_ connected.

TIA,

-qabi

Win32 libmysql.dll password issueDennis Thrysøe28 Mar
  • Win32 libmysql.dll password issueMichael Widenius29 Mar