List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 29 1999 1:24am
Subject:Date fields...
View as plain text
>>>>> "Ryan" == Ryan Jameson <Ryan@stripped> writes:

Ryan> I have been manipulating these date fields and I'm wondering,
Ryan> is the only date that MySQL recognizes formatted as 1999:09:03 ?
Ryan> Is there anyway for it to be just a little smarter, like recognizing at
Ryan> least one human format?  I might be missing something here.

Hi!

For input MySQL (and most other SQL servers) only accepts dates
according to the ISO format:  YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

This is by the way an international standard and all countries have
agreed to start using this as the only official date format !

But as usual, this doesn't happen over night :(

When retrieving dates, you can use DATE_FORMAT() to format them in a
way you are used to!

Regards,
Monty
Thread