List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter WR Date:August 19 1999 9:36pm
Subject:Re: Error caused by ORDER BY clause
View as plain text
I have had the same error when using TEXT- type of fields.

I got a fix from Monty - create a ..

[mysqld]
tmpdir=c:/temp/

and now it is working.

I have included my whole email and reply below ....

*** START

Peter> Hi,
Peter> I get below errormeassage when SELECTING a LONGTEXT field in ASP.
When
Peter> changing the field back to VARCHAR everything goes fine.

Peter> Error message ...
Peter> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
Peter> [TCX][MyODBC]Can't create/write to file '\\sql7_0.ism' (Errcode: 2)

Peter> /dgh002m.asp, line 296

The above means that MySQL can't create a file at your root disk

How did you start MySQL?

Try restarting MySQL, but set the --tmpdir option to point at some
writable directory.  Another option is to add to your c:\\my.cnf
file:

[mysqld]
tmpdir=c:/temp/

(assuming you have a c:\temp directory)