List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 17 1999 7:34pm
Subject:Re: Crash on shutdown
View as plain text
John Millaway wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to MySql. In an attempt to persuade my company to use tools
> other than IIS/ASP/SQL-Server, I setup a demo using Apache/PHP/MySql
> (NT). Everything ran fine, and I left it all running as a standalone
> over the weekend.
>
> Today, Monday, I came in to work and typed "/mysql/bin/mysqladmin
> --user=root  shutdown"
> which caused a nasty "Application Error: mysqld.exe" message.
>
> I start/stopped mysqld several times successfully before the error
> occurred, and also after it occurred. However, I can't recreate the
> error! This is bad for so many reasons. Any suggestions?
> (This is the evaluation version, NT 4 SP4.)
>
> -John

Hi John

NT has it difficulies <shrug>.
What worries you on not getting an error again?

The licenced version is ways better (and a little more stable on NT), so if you can get
one, do so.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Crash on shutdownJohn Millaway16 Aug
  • Re: Crash on shutdownChristian Mack17 Aug
  • Crash on shutdownMichael Widenius21 Aug
RE: Crash on shutdownJohn Millaway17 Aug
  • RE: Crash on shutdownSteve Ruby17 Aug