List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 17 1999 7:18pm
Subject:Re: Format of .frm, .isd and .ism files
View as plain text
Matthias Fichtner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> another question regarding the shareware version versus the
> licensed version of MySQL-Win32:
>
> Are the .frm, .isd and .ism files (those files in the \data
> directory) compatible between these two releases? In other
> words: Can I just copy the \data directory from the shareware
> version to the licensed version? Or do these files need to
> be converted in any way?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sam
> --
> Matthias Fichtner [MF70-RIPE]

Hi Matthias

The priviledge system has changed in 3.22.11.
So you have to rebuild your priviledges in the "mysql" database.
This isn't difficult.
You just have to mysqldump the old one (data only):
C:\mysql\bin> mysqldump -uroot --complete-insert --quick --no-create-info mysql
>oldPrivs.sql
and then use after upgrading:
C:\mysql\bin> mysql -uroot mysql <oldPrivs.sql

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Differences between Shareware and Licensed Version?Matthias Fichtner16 Aug
  • Format of .frm, .isd and .ism filesMatthias Fichtner16 Aug
  • Re: Format of .frm, .isd and .ism filesMichael Stearne16 Aug
  • Re: Format of .frm, .isd and .ism filesChristian Mack17 Aug
  • Differences between Shareware and Licensed Version?Michael Widenius21 Aug