List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 13 1999 3:34pm
Subject:Re: Problem running MySQL
View as plain text
Richard Kurth wrote:

> I have a problem with mySQL - shareware version  I am trying to use it with
> PHP. When I try to connect to a database when I am connected to the Internet
> with my dial up connection everything is fine, but when I'm not connected to
> the Internet it takes ages to run and I don't get any data. I have put a
> file in the windows directory and named it hosts with  127.0.0.1
> localhost  in it but this doesn't do anything to help. I am running on
> Win98. As long as I am connected to the Internet It works fine. Can anyone
> tell me what the problem is and if there is a fix for it?

Hi Richard

This is a problem with your DNS (don't mix this up with the ODBC DSN!).
It should work with the 'host' file entry:
127.0.0.1  localhost
as long as you try to connect with hostname 'localhost' (or omitting it entirely).

Have you booted after creating/changing the 'host' file?
I once had to do this, to get it to work.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Problem running MySQLRichard Kurth13 Aug
  • Re: Problem running MySQLChristian Mack13 Aug
    • Re: Problem running MySQL(Hood Gardner)13 Aug
    • RE: Problem running MySQLRichard Kurth14 Aug