List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:March 22 1999 12:00pm
Subject:DBWiz
View as plain text
Monty asked me to pass this along.....

I have created a site (http://www.pbc.ottawa.on.ca) that contains a myodbc
VB5/6 code wizzard to generate vb classes. These classes become database
objects. These objects can be used to create ActiveX extensions.

The current interfaces are RDO and ADO with support for DSN/DSNless
connections. The DSNLess model only requires that the ODBC driver be
installed.

The wizzard allows the configuration of Mysql or SQLServer, using the
Access model for datatypes (memo, object....) for easy implimation.

It alerts you when you use a keyword from vb, mssql or mysql. Thus
narrowing the possibilities of error.

The wizzard contains full blob support, so increase your buffer size!

The wizzard allows the user to save a created database in a template. These
templates can be updated or used to create a new one at any time. This
greatly adds to the turn-around of database projects.

This wizzard creates a html page that you cut and paste into your vb
editor. It takes about 2 minutes to get a database up and running, after
you figure out what fields you will actually use.

What's the catch? Nothing. Just use it. I developed it beceause I needed
it. Share the wealth......

---
Peter B. Carter (peterc@stripped)
Home: 613-562-1176