List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 6 1999 7:21pm
Subject:Re: Newbie Question
View as plain text
"Michael J. Davis" wrote:

> Can someone point me in the direction of some directions on how to get
> MySQL working under WinNT 4.0? I have found plenty of directions for *nix,
> but nada for NT.
>
> I have downloaded the shareware version and installed it via the setup
> program, but now what?
>
> Thanks for any pointers...
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

After installing, you should read the README file :)

But what you have to do is starting mysqld (or better mysqld-opt).
You can start it as service with --install or as a one time shot with --standalone.

When mysqld is running, you can use the clients (mysqladmin, mysqldump, mysqlshow, mysql
...) to access the mysqlserver as described in the manual.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Newbie QuestionMichael J. Davis6 Aug
  • Re: Newbie QuestionChristian Mack6 Aug