List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 6 1999 7:21pm
Subject:Re: Newbie Question
View as plain text
"Michael J. Davis" wrote:
> Can someone point me in the direction of some directions on how to get
> MySQL working under WinNT 4.0? I have found plenty of directions for *nix,
> but nada for NT.
> I have downloaded the shareware version and installed it via the setup
> program, but now what?
> Thanks for any pointers...
> Michael

Hi Michael

After installing, you should read the README file :)

But what you have to do is starting mysqld (or better mysqld-opt).
You can start it as service with --install or as a one time shot with --standalone.

When mysqld is running, you can use the clients (mysqladmin, mysqldump, mysqlshow, mysql
...) to access the mysqlserver as described in the manual.

Newbie QuestionMichael J. Davis6 Aug
  • Re: Newbie QuestionChristian Mack6 Aug