List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter WR Date:August 6 1999 12:09am
Subject:Re: Newbie question...installing on NT
View as plain text
Hi Michael,

Very short ... (depending on, if You runs into problems) ...

- in c:\mysql\data\ create a directory ex. "mytest"
- this is Your database (there is actually a directory "test" also)

- set up the MyODBC driver to point to "mytest"
- parameter ex. myodbctest - localhost - mytest - - - 3306 (port)

There are a number of GUI tools available for MySQL (links from
http://www.tcx.com) , and the most advanced is from
http://www.calistra.com/mysql/   and, their program have all functions for
easy GUI maintenance via selectable menus. There are also other GUI tolls
avilable, but mainly based on maintenace of tables via SQL commands only.

Best regards
Peter