List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stipe Tolj Date:March 20 1999 1:58am
Subject:Re: Cygwin/MySQL
View as plain text
Simon Weatherill wrote:

> Has anyone successfully compiled a program under Cygwin?

yes, our project is providing the libmysqlclient.a library and all
client applications (mysql, mysqldump, mysqladmin etc.) for Cygwin
b20.1, both based on MySQL 3.22.10b.

A new build using the latest MySQL release is scheduled for the end of
this month.

The client applications may be found at the misc downloading section of
the orginal MySQL distribution at TcX.

Currently a build of the daemon (mysqld) is not possible since the
pthread functions are very experimental within the latest cygwin
snapshot and are not supposed to work correct.
But we are focusing on this issue.

> I have a UNIX application that I'd like to run under Windows (it's a
> server, so there are no GUI portions). I can compile my application uner
> Cygwin, but have problems linking the libraries. Are they the wrong format?
> Do I need UNIX style library archives (.a)?

Yes, our Cygwin port of the libmysqlclient.a library is available at
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/Distribution/Library

> I'm using the Windows demo version of MySQL (3.21.29).

this should work fine.

Consider to have a view on our camp-1.1b1 distribution containing Cygwin
ports of apache-1.3.4 (with php-3.0.6, ssleay-0.9.0b and other modules)

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@stripped>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

Thread
Cygwin/MySQLSimon Weatherill18 Mar
  • Re: Cygwin/MySQLStipe Tolj20 Mar
Re: COM MySQL Library UploadedAlok Singh5 Aug