List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 7:47pm
Subject:Help me! Please, please, please...
View as plain text
>>>>> "mandolin" == mandolin godfighter <mandolin777@stripped>
> writes:

mandolin> OBS!!! Don't let the large amount of text in this mail scare you. Thanks!
mandolin> Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn how to use MySql. I am, however and
mandolin> unfortunately, far from reaching this goal.
mandolin> I have a couple of questions, I guess you people look upon those questions
mandolin> as pathetic, but I really need the help, so please be kind and answer them,
mandolin> thanks!

mandolin> 1) When I open the MySqlManager, a window appears, the title of this window
mandolin> is MySqlM1. In this window, two folders exist, the name of the folders are
mandolin> "Test" and "MySql". My built-in logic suggests that each one of those
mandolin> folders represent a SQL server, am I right? However, my problem is this:
mandolin> when I change the properties of one of the folders, for example, if I set
mandolin> the host of the mySQL folder to 192.168.0.2. And after this saves the
mandolin> MySqlM1 file (using, believe it or not, the save command under the file
mandolin> menu), then one would think that the host of the "MySql folder" (in the
mandolin> MySqlM1 file) would be 192.168.0.2 the next time one opens the MySqlManager,

mandolin> but no! In short: The changes I do don't seem to be saved, can someone
mandolin> please tell me, what's the problem?

Hi!

Sorry, but for the moment I don't think you can save options for
MySQLManager.  We hope that the new MySQL client that will be released
very shortly (read hours, check http://www.mysql.com/downloads.html) will
replease MySQLManager as no one is doing any development on
MySQLManager.

mandolin> 2) On my local network I use TCP/IP, "my" PC has the IP 198.168.0.2, this is

mandolin> the same PC on which the MySQL server is located. As I explained in my first

mandolin> question, I can't save any settings in the MySqlManager. However, even if I
mandolin> use the default settings, in which "host" seems to be "localhost", the
mandolin> Windows ODBC setup program (or whatever it is) can't find the SQL server
mandolin> anyway. Exactly, how, step by step shall I use the ODBC setup (in Windows)
mandolin> to make the MySql server, work?

MySQLManager doesn't use ODBC.  Have you installed MyODBC ?

mandolin> Please, please, please help me. And even if you're to "lazy" (no offence) to

mandolin> answer the question(s), you can at least tell me where I can find the
mandolin> information I need to solve my problems (that is; if <em>you</em>
> know where
mandolin> to find it)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Help me! Please, please, please...mandolin godfighter30 Jul
  • Help me! Please, please, please...Michael Widenius2 Aug