List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 18 1999 9:00pm
Subject:MySQL 3.22.20 installation and my.cnf problems
View as plain text
>>>>> "Janos" == Janos Koppany <janos@stripped> writes:

Janos> Subject: mysql starting problem
Janos> I work with NT-4.0 and have the following mysql version:
Janos>   mysql  Ver 9.31 Distrib 3.22.20, for Win95/Win98 (i586)

Janos> The installation of mysql copies everything into C:\mysql.
Janos> After the installation I tried to start mysqld.exe with the command
Janos> C:\mysql\bin\mysqld. After 20-30 seconds the process exists.
Janos> When I specify at least one switch (for example -T) the process
Janos> keeps running.

Janos> Does anybody know what the problem is ?

Janos> The second problem is that mysqld needs the option file in C:\my.cnf.
Janos> The documentation says that my.cnf could be in for example C:\mysql\data

Janos> too but this did not work for me.

Janos> Is there a solution that mysqld finds the my.cnf or (an other)
Janos> configuration
Janos> file at an other location ? The best would be if it would work even if
Janos> I moved c:\mysql for example to d:\db\mysql too.

We just found at that there is a problem with NT and MySQL 3.22.20;

Temporary fix:

Add a file in C:\my.cnf with the following information:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/mysql/

If you move MySQL distribution to another harddisk / directory,
you have only to change the above path!

Sorry for the inconvenience :)  I still can't understand why this
worked on our NT machine...

Regards,
Monty

Thread