List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:July 27 1999 12:15am
Subject:Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problems
View as plain text
At 12:25 PM 7/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Peter,
>Many thanks for your answer! However, as I say in the next-to-last paragraph
>of my email, I AM USING THE C API, NOT ODBC, and am not using ADO or such.
>Just vanilla API calls like mysql_query, etc. Als0 please note (as stated
>earlier) that this system runs without problem on my development server and
>the first server where I tried a test install. So I really don't have any
>reason to use a DSN, and don't understand why IIS would think so. Please
>correct me if I'm wrong. Would appreciate further comment, as I'm baffled.
>Thanks, -Lew

You mean I wasted a big bag of wind while standing on my soap box ;)

The only other thing, I can think of would be connectivity issues. Did you
try 'mysql' client from that machine to your db server? Is reverse DNS
implemented there?

---
Peter B. Carter (peterc@stripped)
Pager: 613-751-4660
http://www.pbc.ottawa.on.ca

Thread
mysql C API win32 CGI under NT problemsLew Barnesson25 Jul
  • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsPeter Carter26 Jul
    • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsLew Barnesson26 Jul
      • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsPeter Carter27 Jul
    • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsLew Barnesson27 Jul
      • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsMichael Widenius2 Aug
    • Re: MySQL C API win32 CGI under NT problemsLew Barnesson3 Aug