List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 18 1999 12:51pm
Subject:Re: Service fails to start
View as plain text
Michael Widenius wrote:

> Glen> Monty,
> Glen> In response to your inquiries for our difficulty in starting mysql as a
> Glen> service...
>
> >> Which MySQL version ?
>
> Glen> 3.22.20
>
> >> Did you run 'mysqld-nt --install' ?
>
> Glen> Yes, and I checked the registry. I have the same problem with mysqld-nt and
> Glen> mysqld
>
> >> If you are using the registered version, try using 'mysqld' instead of
> >> mysqld-nt with a C:\my.cnf file that has the following entry:
> >>
> >> [mysqld]
> >> debug
>
> Glen> I did a mysqld-nt --remove, then mysqld --install, then started it as a
> Glen> service with the my.cnf. Here's what I got in the trace:
>
> <cut>
>
> Glen> T@1    : | | >my_open
> Glen> T@1    : | | | my: Name: '\my\share\english\errmsg.sys'  Flags: 36864
> Glen> MyFlags: 0
> Glen> T@1    : | | | error: Got error 2 on open
> Glen> T@1    : | | <my_open
>
> <cut>
>
> The problem is that somehow MySQL doesn't find the path to mysqld!
> This works for me on my NT SP3 machine :(
>
> Do you have a C:\my.cnf file ?
>
> You can problaby solve the above with any of the following solutions:
>
> - Install mysqld with full path:
>   C:\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --install
>
> - Create a my.cnf file with the following information:
>
>   [mysqld]
>   basedir=C:/mysql/
>
> I shall add more information to mysqld trace log to find out exactly
> what is going on if this happens for someone else.!
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Hi Monty

Just tried it and --install doesn't work for me too.
I always get an error window 'mysql' with 'Failed to install Service'.
--standalone works as expected.

Win NT4.0 SP4 workstation, mysqlwin-3_22_20

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Re: Service fails to startMichael Widenius18 Mar
Re: Service fails to startChristian Mack18 Mar
Re: Service fails to startGlen de Vries18 Mar
Re: Service fails to startChristian Mack18 Mar