List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 15 1999 8:41pm
Subject:Re: problems with win32
View as plain text
Ryan Norris wrote:

> My organization just lost our LInux server to hard disk problems.  we
> decided to use NT on our new server, with mysql and php, as most of the
> techs here are wintel people.  we thought we had successfully moved our db's
> from the old linux machine to the nt box.  we had to use two methods -
> moving the binaries over to the nt machine via FTP for the files we had
> appropriate permissions to do that with (the partition with all our
> permissions was sinking fast, and wouldn't allow any alterations in the user
> database).  For the databases we hadn't any permissions to move via FTP, we
> used myODBC and sqlexport module for ms access to export the sql.  things
> seemed to go smoothly . . . .
>
> now we are having problems 3 weeks later....ISM files are being corrupted
> regularly and ISAMCHK spins into an infinte run.  FRM files are being
> reported missing at random intervals.  we are using the latest shareware
> version of mysql and at this point just want to recover our data....any
> advice or solutions for our problems that would allow the reovery of these
> files would be appreciated.
>
> rjn
>
> Ryan Norris / Web Developer

Hi Ryan

First I would suggest to get the registered version for win.
It is more stable, and has a lot of additional features.

Second suggestion is to get newer mysql win clients.
The newer isamchk is better on repairing tables.

Third suggestion, be sure to shutdown mysql before using isamchk.

Just curious, but why didn't you use mysqldump to move the databases to the win machine?

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation.

Thread
problems with win32Ryan Norris8 Jul
  • Re: problems with win32Sinisa Milivojevic8 Jul
  • Re: problems with win32Christian Mack16 Jul