List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 15 1999 6:00pm
Subject:Re: basedir
View as plain text
Falk Wunderlich wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm sorry I didn't express myself clearly. The problem is not to start the
> mysql server or client - this is doing well. The problem is to change the
> base directory. This is necessary because the setup program installs all
> mysql stuff to drive C, without the user being able to change that. Now I
> want to have it on a different drive. The manual tells that with "mysqld -b
> <new path>" the base directory can be changed, but on that occasion the
> concole hangs and the directory isn't changed.
> Falk
>
> At 23:43 20.06.99 +0200, you wrote:
> >Falk Wunderlich wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >> I'm currently trying the shareware version of Mysql Win (v. 3.21.29) and my
> >> problem is the following:
> >> When trying to change the base directory with mysqld -b, the console hangs
> >> and nothing else happens. I've tried this with installations on several
> >> machines, but the effect was the same. Does anybody know a solution for
> that?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Falk Wunderlich
< cut >

Hi Falk

With the registered version of mysql you have the ability to use the configuration file
C:\my.cnf.
In this you can set all parameters like "basedir".

On Win NT you can install mysqld as service.
By starting mysql manually from the services window, you can give parameters in the start
parameters field.
But these given parameters are lost after shutdown!!
So you have to start mysql always by hand and typing all parameters in.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation.

Thread
basedirFalk Wunderlich20 Jun
  • Re: basedirChristian Mack21 Jun
    • Re: basedirFalk Wunderlich21 Jun