List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:October 23 2012 4:15pm
Subject:Re: mysql threads too high
View as plain text
On 10/23/2012 8:59 AM, Tal Ben-Gal wrote:
> The client application using MySql connector (in VB DOT NET) each client open 8
> connections (in a pool) and sty open as long as the client running, all connections is
> closing properly once the client application end.
>
> The situation is even worth if I try to open and close the connection each time the
> client need connection to Mysql, in this case the threads getting to 1250 even faster.
>
> It is only happens with Mysql, the same application running in different location
> with MS SQL and no problem there.
>
> Defiantly Mysql issue

It is not "definitely a MySQL issue". Turn off your pooling. If the
connection count stays high (many of them in the Sleep state) then your
application is NOT closing them properly. This is a coding/usage problem.

Also, you do not need to open a new connection for every little thing.
Open one connection per block of work to perform.  Also, do not leave
your connections or transactions open while waiting for a person to do
something.

For example, a web-based application will generally need only one or two
connections per page. Transactions should not remain active between page
accesses as each request will use a different connection even if they
are coming from a pool.

Remember, abandoning a connection object for garbage collection or
closing the TCP/IP socket is not the same as actually calling the
.close() method for your connection library.

Let us know your results.

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal11 Oct
  • Re: mysql threads too highAndrĂ©s Tello11 Oct
    • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal11 Oct
      • Re: mysql threads too highShawn Green11 Oct
        • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal12 Oct
          • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal23 Oct
            • RE: mysql threads too highJorge Bastos23 Oct
              • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal23 Oct
                • Re: mysql threads too highShawn Green23 Oct
                  • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal23 Oct
                    • Re: mysql threads too highShawn Green23 Oct
                      • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal23 Oct
                        • RE: mysql threads too highTal Ben-Gal24 Oct