List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Dunko Date:March 5 2012 2:21pm
Subject:Access system variable from dynamic plugin?
View as plain text
Hi,

We've been running against the pre-built (we didn't build the server) 5.1.39 build of
mysql with a dynamic plugin that we wrote.  We now find that we'd like to honor a few
settings that are in global variables (as seen by "SHOW VARIABLES") from within our
plugin.   I cannot find definitive information on how to accomplish this on win32.

The best I've been able to figure out is that I need to use MYSQL_PLUGIN_IMPORT  which
amounts to a __declspec(dllimport) on windows.  The problem is that the 5.1.39 release
does not include an import library so there's no way to link our plugin DLL.  Has anyone
else dealt with this or are we in new territory?

Greg Dunko  |  Principal Software Engineer
Newforma, Inc.  | 1750 Elm Street, 10th Floor  |  Manchester  |  NH  |  03104  |  USA
Office: +1.603.625.6212 x332  |  Fax: +1.603.218.6145  |
www.newforma.com<http://www.newforma.com/>

Thread
Access system variable from dynamic plugin?Greg Dunko5 Mar