List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tony White Date:January 10 2010 7:55pm
Subject:RE: How to have one data file per database
View as plain text
Hi,

Absolutely possible. You are on the right track with creating a new
service. Bearing in mind that on your dev box you will have to alter the
.ini file of the new service to use a different data directory and a
different port. Sort the errors out on the second instance - bear in
mind that your connection string will have to include the -P option to
specify the new port and you will have what you are trying to achieve.

Tony White
DBA - MIS SSG
THOMSONLocal
Tel : 01252 390063