List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerry Whitmarsh Date:January 10 2010 5:09pm
Subject:How to have one data file per database
View as plain text
Hi, maybe this is a daft question and I am missing something, but here goes.

I have two applications – app A and app B with two databases – db A and db
B. I have a server running and ODBC connections to the two databases. I can
run the applications and app A accesses db A and app B access db B. I now
need to deploy these two applications to two different users but there is
only one ibdata1 file.

Is there a way to keep the two databases apart and have one ibdata1(or
another name) file per database?

I have tried creating a new service pointing to a different ini file where
innodb_data_home_dir points to a different location but I just get all kinds
of errors.

I am running MySQL 5.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gerry.

--
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved
body,  but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ****,

Thread
How to have one data file per databaseGerry Whitmarsh10 Jan
  • RE: How to have one data file per databaseJorge Bastos10 Jan
  • RE: How to have one data file per databaseJohn Bonnett10 Jan
    • Re: How to have one data file per databaseGerry Whitmarsh11 Jan
      • Re: How to have one data file per databaseShawn Green4 Feb
RE: How to have one data file per databaseTony White10 Jan
Re: How to have one data file per databaseGerry Whitmarsh11 Jan