List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge Bastos Date:November 6 2009 4:06pm
Subject:RE: Help on query performance
View as plain text
Hi Mos,

> Jorge,
>       In addition to the other poster's recommendation on making a
> non-unique compound index, if this is a read-only table then you can
> get
> faster performance by copying it to a memory table using:
>
> create table mem_mov_stock engine=memory select * from mov_stock;
> alter table mem_mov_stock add index ix_Main( cod_art,arm_cod,emp,ano);
>
> This will get the speeds down quite a bit.

Hum... that's interesting.
I'll give it a try also.
The query is for read only, on the routine I need, it is only reading,
inserting records is on other part and that doesn't have any performance
problem.

Jorge,

Thread
Help on query performanceJorge Bastos5 Nov
  • RE: Help on query performanceSandeep Tamhankar6 Nov
    • SV: Help on query performanceJesper Palmqvist  [Talarforum i Skandinavien AB]6 Nov
      • SV: Help on query performanceJesper Palmqvist  [Talarforum i Skandinavien AB]6 Nov
        • RE: Help on query performanceJorge Bastos6 Nov
        • RE: Help on query performanceSandeep Tamhankar6 Nov
          • RE: Help on query performancemos7 Nov
  • Re: Help on query performancemos6 Nov
    • RE: Help on query performanceJorge Bastos6 Nov
  • Re: Help on query performanceuwe6 Nov