List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:lists@mgreg.com Date:April 30 2009 9:11pm
Subject:Re: MySQL service won't start (1067 error)
View as plain text
On Apr 30, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Shaun van Wyngaard (home) wrote:

> Not sure what this error code is, but if the service won't start,
> try manually starting it from within Admin. Tools/Services, and set
> it to automatic. Also remember to add an exception to your firewall.

Ok, there is some severe wackiness occurring with the Windows
installer.  Basically I had to do the following:

1) Install MySQL and allow the CONFIGURATION to fail
2) Delete the 'ib_logfile0' and 'ib_logfile1' files from the "C:\
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server
5.1\data"
3) Start RECONFIGURATION and allow it to fail but leave dialog open.
4) Once the security failure occurs, set the password for the root
user in mysql directly
5) Click "Try Again" in the security warning dialog.

Surely there is a better/easier way.  Can someone provide some insight
as to why this is broken by default?

Michael
Thread
MySQL service won't start (1067 error)lists@mgreg.com30 Apr
  • RE: MySQL service won't start (1067 error)Jorge Bastos30 Apr
    • Re: MySQL service won't start (1067 error)lists@mgreg.com30 Apr
Re: MySQL service won't start (1067 error)lists@mgreg.com30 Apr