On Apr 30, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Shaun van Wyngaard (home) wrote:
> Not sure what this error code is, but if the service won't start,
> try manually starting it from within Admin. Tools/Services, and set
> it to automatic. Also remember to add an exception to your firewall.
Ok, there is some severe wackiness occurring with the Windows
installer. Basically I had to do the following:
1) Install MySQL and allow the CONFIGURATION to fail
2) Delete the 'ib_logfile0' and 'ib_logfile1' files from the "C:\
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server
3) Start RECONFIGURATION and allow it to fail but leave dialog open.
4) Once the security failure occurs, set the password for the root
user in mysql directly
5) Click "Try Again" in the security warning dialog.
Surely there is a better/easier way. Can someone provide some insight
as to why this is broken by default?