List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Dunko Date:April 30 2009 2:56pm
Subject:Builds failing on win32
View as plain text
I'm looking into doing some plugin development on 5.1 so as  a 1st step I wanted to
download the source and get a build of it on my machine.

The builds are failing with oodles of:
Error   222     error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0        C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\sys\stat.inl      44

I am running a very vanilla installation of DevStudio 2005 with SP1.   I'm experiencing
this build issue on both Server 2003 and Server 2008.  I have downloaded and installed
the latest CMake and I downloaded the MySQL source code from

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html#source

specifically, the zip package.  I then ran, in order:

win\configure.js WITH_INNOBASE_STORAGE_ENGINE
win\build-vs8.bat

and then opened the resulting devstudio solution file in devstudio and attempted a build.
Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks!

-Greg
Thread