List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geoffrey Zhu Date:June 8 2008 8:06am
Subject:How to start mysql process on demand?
View as plain text
Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to not to start the MySQL server as a Windows service, but
to start it as a regular process when I actually need it?

Here is the situation. The target computer does not need MySQL 90% of the
time. It is only needed when my program is used. So if there is a way to
have my program start MySQL on demand, it will be great.

Thanks,
gz

Thread
How to start mysql process on demand?Geoffrey Zhu8 Jun
  • RE: How to start mysql process on demand?Jorge Bastos8 Jun
    • RE: How to start mysql process on demand?Walter Torres8 Jun
  • Re: How to start mysql process on demand?Kevin Hunter8 Jun