List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leigh Sharpe Date:July 3 2007 2:45am
Subject:Stripping whitespace from a select
View as plain text
Hi All,
 I have a table which contains phone numbers. I want to extract these
phone numbers in a common format, but they have not been entered the
same way. Is there any easy way of removing whitespace and brackets in
one go? The best I can come up with so far is this rather ugly one:

SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(phone_work,"(",""),")", "" ), "
", "" ),"-","") FROM contacts WHERE phone_work!="";

Which will remove all "(", ")", "-", and spaces. Suerly there's a better
way?

Regards,
             Leigh

Leigh Sharpe
Network Systems Engineer
Pacific Wireless
Ph +61 3 9584 8966
Mob 0408 009 502
Helpdesk 1300 300 616
email lsharpe@stripped
web www.pacificwireless.com.au

Thread
Stripping whitespace from a selectLeigh Sharpe3 Jul